Wednesday 27 July 2016

Display Checkmarks for Yes values in APEX report.


Working with Apex report, I have a table with an "active" flag column that generally stores values in either Y or N.In an Apex report, its better if it displays as green checkmark for Y & X for N, instead of displaying the literal letter. So here it is I am gonna show you how you can implement all this. I wrote few couple of custom classes utilizing the Font Awesome icon library.

I implement these two CSS classes into my global CSS file:

.check-Y:before {
 content: "\f00c";
 color: green;
}
.check-N:before {
 content: "\f00d";
 color: red;
}

The values for the content attributes can be gotten from the Font Awesome cheatsheet (ignore the &#X characters).


 You can see in image shown below. I added the following HTML expression in my APEX report ACTIVE coloumn:



When the report executes, the HTML expression will return either check-Y or check-N, thus referencing the classes with the green check mark or the red X.


Create Apex based Application for your Business from Abacasys.
Send service related queries @ info@abacasys.com or Call us @ +1-678-666-0125

No comments:

Post a Comment